Official websites use .mil
Secure .mil websites use HTTPS
Vowing to stand crisp, sharp and motionless, members of the U.S. Air Force Honor Guard train every day to represent the Department of the Air Force in events throughout the nation's capital, across the country, and around the world. During their tours in the Honor Guard, ceremonial guardsmen display the excellence and precision of all Airmen and Guardians as they participate in events with the President, Secretary of Defense, senior Air and Space Force leaders, and international dignitaries. However, the duty they train the most for is the most somber- they honor those that served before us and their families, every day, during funeral services at Arlington National Cemetery.
The USAF Honor Guard is always looking for sharp Airmen with a deep devotion to duty and a strong sense of dedication. If you want to have a memorable and rewarding assignment; if you exhibit the highest professional military standards; if you look forward to the challenge of leading and representing all others serving your nation, then you are exactly who the USAF Honor Guard is looking for- Come join "The Chief's Own".
There are two ways to join the USAF Honor Guard: as a basic trainee or as a prior-service Airman.
Have you not yet joined the Air Force?
If you are interested in joining the U.S. Air Force and becoming a member of the USAF Honor Guard, your recruiter can provide information on joining our team. Potential applicants will then conduct an interview with USAF Honor Guard leadership. Click here to learn more about how to join the Air Force.
Already an Airman who has fulfilled your minimum time-on-station requirement?
If you are a prior service applicant, ensure you meet the minimum qualifications listed in the Air Force Enlisted Classification Directory. For ranks of E-3 to E-4, Airmen can apply through the Assignment Management System (AMS). These positions are advertised via EUAL Plus. For E-5 to E-7, your chain of command will have to recommend you via Developmental Special Duty. After being recommended, you will need to fill out an application electronically.
The USAF Honor Guard does not have any positions for those serving in the Air National Guard or AF Reserve.
1. Members must be eligible for a permanent change of station reassignment. Reference AFI 36-2110, Assignments Quality Control, paragraph 2.40, for specific requirements.
2. Performance reports must show the applicant has consistently demonstrated high standards of character, discretion, loyalty and performance.
3. No physical disqualifiers, to include history of posture, back, knee, feet, joint or equilibrium problems.
4. 20/20 vision is required, or it must be correctable via contact lenses.
5. Must present impeccable military image and conform to exacting grooming standards; no shaving waivers allowed.
6. No fear of firearms or have a history of anxiety, emotional or nervous system disorders.
7. Ability to speak clearly and distinctly with no speech impediment.
8. Desired height requirement for males is 5'10" and for females it is 5'6".
9. Ability to lift 40 lbs.
10. Have no conviction under the uniformed code of military justice during current enlistment.
11. Minimum "General" AQE score of 30.
USAF Honor Guard kicks off Redskins Game
Perfecting the image: Honor guardsman awarded for excellence
MHAFB Ceremonial Guardsmen train with USAF Honor Guard
The pipes are calling
Air Force Band, Honor Guard perform in Memorial Day events across country